I knew this would happen. I knew once the traveling began that moments and things would pile up. Happily so. And also, frantically so. Where has May gone? But REALLY, April happened...
Yes, I realize it's basically the end of May and I haven't blogged April. Sorry about that.
So here's April:
Traveling began. Weddinging began. Engagement sessions happened. New dives were explored. And a few of many goals were crossed off the list. That, or I'm smiling because I made some progress on others.
What Instagram knows and you don't -- unless you've joined the party.
- Lisa & Jimbo's perfect DC engagement session hit the blog
- Life changing business books were/are being read
- Finished Marie Forleo's BSchool program - I have a lot of work to do!
- I WENT TO BOSTON
- Photographed thee most adorable hipster maternity session ever
- Artifact Uprising is my new go-to
- I won an Instagram GIVEAWAY - thanks Darling Magazine!
- Several, several, seeeeveral portfolio-just-for-my-creative-sanity sessions happened
My 2016 Goals...Well. April looks a lot better than May has in that department. Here's what went well:
- Drink at least 2 bottles of water each day --> yes!
- Stay relevant with current events/politics at least 3 times per week --> YES!
- Read a book --> started 2 new books, "The E Myth Revisited," by Michael E. Gerber. & "Now Discover Your Strengths," by Marcus Buckingham & Donald Clifton, Ph.D.
- Connect in Community --> yes! Made personal friendship & rejuvenation (yay for extroverted-ness) a priority instead of working 24/7.
- Visit a new City or State --> I explored new areas of Boston, so that counts!
Business Goals that happened:
- Attend at least 1 networking event each month --> Yes! I attended two, actually!
- Create blogging workflow & pre-blog consistently --> If we leave out the "consistently" part, this is a yes! I was able to pre-blog a few posts. Gotta start somewhere, no?
- Submit 1-2 shoots to publications monthly --> Submitted 1!
- Bridal Guide --> ALMOST finished
Things to work on/continue for the rest of May...that are actually achievable in the next 7 days:
- Workout & drink water --> seriously though
- Systematize BSchool assignments & create new goals from what I learned
- Edit & Blog at least 2 sessions that are waiting for me
- Send Bridal Guide to friend for proofing
Spring sure has brought a lot of bustle. There were struggles galore, but also massive Praise-God-From-Who-All-Blessings-Flow moments, too. For example, I GOT MY CAR BACK (after 5 months of it being broken down).
Come adventure with me through this crazy life. And let's pursue our goals together!
Let's finish this month, oh hi May, strong!