I thought I'd switch this week up a little bit blog-wise and instead, post about the fast approaching Thanksgiving holiday. Menu planning, coordinating travels, cleaning the house, and bracing for the cold has filled these last few days of holiday prep (to be spent in Indiana where I'm originally from!). But more than that, of course, I am reminded to take a moment and reflect. There is always something to appreciate, always someone to be thankful for.
Soon, the New Year's resolutions will be rolling out and the excitement of new things will resound. However, I don't want to speed up too much, I don't want to miss what's right in front of me right now.
Sometimes my heart gets so full that I can't quite describe how to express all that is within me. Do you ever feel that way? This past year has been one of significant change for me : job(s), relationships, family dynamics, experiences shared with others, new places explored, and a steady stream of challenges to grow personally.
Life is good. Here are a few things that come to mind for me (in no specific order):
- I have two homes - Indiana & Virginia. Both with families I love and am loved by!
- Naturally flavored coffee creamer...such a great 2014 discovery!
- I keep meeting curly haired people & that's just oh so fun!
- I have a website. Never thought that would happen.
- My mom is a CANCER SURVIVOR (at least in my book, she's still undergoing that process)!
- Flannel Sheets
- My 13 year old cat, Teddy, is still snoring on my bed ***cats are just so cute & cozy
- Cooking dinner while listening to Frank Sinatra
- Fall Leaves
- Snowfall in Chicago makes everything so much more magical
- Food, food, fooooooood!
Also, Richmond's fall season is just so lovely I have to share the last few remnants of it!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Take a moment and jot down a few things you're grateful for, too!